Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Spring is here and now is a great time to clean out those closets, garages, attics, etc. Get rid of those outgrown clothes, unused toys and unwanted items you might have taking up space.
Our Annual Neighborhood Spring Garage Sale will be held on Saturday, April 28, 2023 starting at 8:00am. Banners will be placed hopefully attract potential buyers. With ample time to gather your items to sell, we hope you will be successful in cleaning the house as well as making a little extra cash.
*Reminder: Per the restrictions of the community- only one garage sale is allowed to be held once a year. Take advantage of this community event, start planning now and we wish you all happy selling!
Please don't block sidewalks. It is illegal. Sidewalks are designed and installed to keep children and pedestrians out of the roadway. Please click here to read information from the Sugarland Police Department.
The City is offering a new, on-call flexible waste collection service.
City of Sugar Land Tree Trimming Inspections in Your Area Beginning January 18, 2023
Here's a great brochure about tree trimming and hiring an arborist.
Reasons why you should not feed the ducks
Harmless Gestures Lead to Harmful Consequences
For generations feeding ducks has been a pastime shared by many of us who have grown up thinking that this was an environmentally responsible and humane way to dispose of old or stale bread. However, feeding ducks and geese is actually unhealthy and potentially dangerous for the birds. This seemingly generous act, in fact, can be extremely harmful.
Bread and similar products such as crackers, chips, doughnuts, and popcorn are a great source of carbohydrates but have little nutritional value. In fact, feeding bread is equivalent to feeding your child nothing but candy. Without healthy food and proper nutrition, the ducks and geese will quickly succumb to disease and death.
The Problems With Feeding Ducks
Feeding ducks and geese can lead to the following problems as well:
- Duckling malnutrition — in areas where ducks are regularly fed bread the ducklings will not receive adequate nutrition for proper growth and development.
- Overcrowding — Where food is easy to come by, ducks and other waterfowl will lay more eggs and the pond or lake will become overcrowded. This makes it more difficult for the birds to seek out healthier food sources and increases territorial aggression, especially during mating season. It will also cause ducks to cross busy streets in search of food.
- Pollution — What happens to all that bread that is not eaten? It causes algae growths, pollution, and can eventually eradicate fish and other life in the vicinity.
- Diseases — A diet rich in carbohydrates leads to greater fecal production and bird feces easily harbors bacteria responsible for numerous diseases including avian botulism.
- Attraction of pests — Rotting leftover food attracts other unwelcome pests such as rats, mice, and insects. These pests can also harbor additional diseases that can be dangerous to humans.
Caring For Ducks & Geese
If you care about ducks and geese, do not feed them. They can live longer, healthier lives by relying on natural food sources such as aquatic plants, seeds, grasses, and insects rather than taking handouts from well-meaning humans. Now that you know, you can help by not feeding the ducks and geese and by educating other duck lovers.
For more great resources on ducks in Sugar Land, visit:
We have noticed an increase in the amount of homeowners still putting heavy trash out on non-heavy trash days and even a week before the scheduled pickup. The Glen Laurel Board is asking that all homeowners please follow the below rules to keep up the integrity of our community.
* Heavy trash pickup is the 1st Monday of each month.
* Heavy trash pickup must be placed out after 6pm the Sunday before.
Thank you and please see the City of Sugar Land link below for more information. https://www.sugarlandtx.gov/518/Bulky-Waste
Glen Laurel HOA
City of Sugar Land Police Department catalytic converters theft prevention
Please make note of this notice (click here) from the City of Sugar Land Police Department regarding catalytic converters theft prevention.
Accessing Your Sterling ASI Account
To check your Sterling ASI account please go to: www.sterlingasi.com
BAIR Analytics’s has a public crime map, RAIDS Online, which connects law enforcement with the community to reduce crime and improve public safety. For details, visit: http://www.raidsonline.com/
Looking for the Architectural Control Application or other forms? Click on Documents and then Forms for that information.
Please remember to obtain ACC approval for any changes to the exterior of your home prior to making the changes.
If you would like to have community notifications email to you, please sign-up using the form below.
Sign up to receive community notifications sent via email.
Glen Laurel Homeowners Association
Copyright © 2023 Glen Laurel HOA - All Rights Reserved.